5 reasons to join ACC:
- No experience necessary – we run numerous day trips at the start of term to caves suitable for novices. Yes, you will get muddy and sometimes a bit wet, but you will get to see a world few people ever experience.
- No kit required – the Club can provide all the basic kit you’ll need on a trip.
- Socials – having fun overground as well is an important part of the Caving Club. Socials begin every Tuesday at The Fountain Inn, and on caving weekends you will get to meet student cavers from all over the UK.
- We’re active – there are caving trips most weekends during term, and in the last few years have been on expeditions to Majorca, County Clare and Bulgaria. We visit local mines as well as travelling further afield to south and north Wales, the Mendips, Derbyshire and Yorkshire.
- £20 membership – a steal compared to the other outdoor clubs (this includes insurance)
Any questions, then either try the FAQs or feel free to contact us. If you want to try caving then come find us at our Tuesday socials!